Wednesday, February 16, 2011

HIT IT & QUIT IT- 14TH FEBRUARY: DISCO VALENTINES SPECIAL



The joy of doing a weekly radio show is that every so often, presuming you're on air for a few years, an auspicious date will appear on the day you're going to do your show.... A Valentine's day on a Monday? Oh, ok then! Disco. Valentines. Special!

I decided to start things in a "Love Boat" Disco fashion with the Paul Cacia band. What says Valentines Disco more than the Love Boat?! Ahem.

Anywaaaaay, we kicked on through the classics: Al Hudson 'Spread Love', Renee & Angela's undeniable jam 'I Love You More', Stevie Wonder, J Dilla, Cerrone....
Ah, just read the damn playlist. Below in all it's LOVE glory!

Big thanks to Reggie Blount holding down producer duties, and our special drop in guest, Jellphonic!

Enjoy. Hit It!


PLAYLIST, FEBRUARY 14, 2011

1. Paul Cacia Band – Saved by you love (Joey Negro Edit) [Z records]
2. Cerrone – Give me love (Frank Booker edit)
3. Al Hudson & The Soul Partners – Spread Love [ABC Records]
4. Peter Brown – Burning love breakdown [TK Disco]
5. Jeffree – Love’s gonna last (Recloose chow daddy edit) [white label]
6. Renee & Angela – I love you more [Capitol]
7. Fisrt Choice – Love thing (Kon edit)
8. Chic – I want your love (Todd Terje Edit) [White]
9. Family of Eve – I wanna be loved by you [Full Sail]
10. Oral Caress – Love fantasy (reason to live) [P&P records]
11. LTD – You gave me love [A&M]
12. Earth, Wind & Fire – And love goes on [CBS]
13. Charisma (feat. Brenda Watts) – Love treatment [A&B records]
14. Take 6 – Spread love [Reprise]
15. Weldon Irvine – I love you [RCA Victor]
16. Michael Henderson – Let love enter [Buddah]
17. J-Dilla – Love (feat. Pharoah Monch) [BBE]
18. Ike White – Love & affection [L.A. International]
19. J.P. Rodgers Jr. – I enjoy making love (just like you do) [Inculcation]
20. Kings Go Forth – High on your love [Mr. C’s]
21. Side Effect – I can’t play [Elektra]
22. Stevie Wonder – I believe (when I fall in love) [Tamla/Motown]

HIQI Feb.14, 2011 Pt. 1

HIQI Feb.14, 2011 Pt. 2

No comments: