Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Credit To The Editors


I've been enjoying the Walter Gibbons 'Jungle Music' compilation since receiving a promo cd a few weeks ago.
'Jungle Music' compiles a wide range of his work from mid-late 70's stuff right through to more electronic flavours of the mid 80's. I had always had Walter Gibbons as a master of Soul & Disco, but until now wasn't aware that he made some serious electro in the 80's too. Strafe 'Set It Off'. Big tune!

The second thing is a compilation I haven't yet heard, but am very excited about: Danny Krivit's 'Edits by Mr K Volume 2'.... To me, Mr K is THE master of the subtle edit, his re-edits have ignited many a dancefloor for me down the years... So needless to say, this will be a "buy on sight" album if you have any interest in soulful music. Got that? Good. Hit It!



Danny Krivit on the subtle art of a good edit.

1 comment:

MagicSam said...

Word Up Booker!

Mr K's edit of MSFB Love is the Message is on my heaters to cop list